A condiment that’s perfect on tacos, sandwiches, avocado toast, salads and so much more.
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- ¼ – ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 red onion, cut in ½ then cut into ⅛ inch with the natural grain
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt or Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 clove
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablepoon candied ginger (optional but recommended)
Combine all the ingredients except the onion in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and place the onions in the hot liquid. Remove from the heat and steep for 30 minutes before using. Store in a jar in the refrigerator, where it can be kept for up 6-8 weeks. If you can keep it that long.