A gorgeous and delicious twist to the classic mimosas prepared with fresh tangerine juice, Prosecco, and Grand Marnier liqueur.
Tangerines are coming to the end of their season and are super sweet. The Tangerine Mimosa is uniquely different and refreshing. The perfect ratio of sparkling wine to tangerine juice is up to you. My suggestion.. start with the 50/50 ratio suggested below and adjust from there.
- 3 cups chilled fresh tangerine juice, or mandarins about 20 tangerines (see note)
- 1 750ml bottle Rosé Prosecco or sparkling wine
- Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
For each drink:
- 2 oz tangerine juice
- 2 oz champagne or sparkling wine
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- Pour 2 oz of mandarin juice into each champagne flute or glass – should be about half full for most champagne glasses.
- Add the Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- Top off each drink with 2 oz of champagne or sparkling wine and serve immediately with a slice tangerine.
The easiest way to juice tangerines is to use a reamer or peel them and squeeze your hands. . Fresh tangerine juice is available in some grocery store like Trader Joe’s You could make a mimosa sunrise by adding a splash of grenadine syrup.