Serves 4 or 6-8 appetizer portions
Nothing says “You’re the best, Mom” like brunch…
Parenting is such hard work, now more than ever, this year, if you happen to be sheltering in place with Mom, embrace staying in and do it up big! For this special day, treat her to a fabulous brunch spread or one of her favorite home-cooked meals. Treat your mom to a fabulous Mother’s Day brunch with this super easy Brie and Artichoke Tart. Flaky puff pastry, with artichokes and creamy Brie cheese are what create this elegant dish. Baked and served warm, it’s a easy last minute brunch idea served with our Tangerine Mimosa. Or the perfect light meal served alongside a green salad and a chilled glass of white wine.
This tart is delicious and so, so easy to put together it takes less than half hour to whip up. This tart also makes a the prefect appetizer for you next cocktail party. You can prep as many ahead and and pop it in the oven when you need it.
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed (see note)
- 6 ounces double cream brie cheese, roughly torn
- 10 grilled marinated artichokes ( I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1½ tablespoons homemade basil pesto or store bought
- Fleur de Sel or flaky sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- basil oil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400℉ (200℃)
- Gently roll the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface into a 10 x 8 inch rectangle, to even the edges. Place the pastry on a sheet pan or baking tray. Using a knife, gently score a 1 inch (2.5cm) border around the edge and lightly prick the pastry with a fork on the inside of the border.
- Brush the border with the lightly beaten egg. Top the pastry with the brie and artichokes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Drizzle with the pesto and basil oil if using to serve.
I love the Dufour butter puff pastry but for a vegan option you can use Aussie puff pastry, both are available at Whole Foods. If you can’t find grilled marinated artichokes then use regular marinated artichoke.