Charring carrots bring out there natural sweetness, its crunchy on the outside & tender on the inside. This the perfect side dish because it’s easy on your wallet and a crowd pleaser. It also pairs perfectly with our ASIAN MARINATED STEAK or any BBQ.
- 1lb carrots peeled
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1½ teaspoons Chinese 5 spice
- Kosher Salt (preferably Diamond Krystal)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz Trader Joe’s Honey Goat Cheese⠀
- Scant ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chiffonade
- 1 lime
- Honey for drizzle, about 1-2 tablespoons depending on the sweetness of the carrots ⠀⠀
Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- In a dry pan toast the pistachios for 8 mins.
- Cut the carrots in half, then cut the halves into rough sticks but try keeping them roughly the same size.
- In a bowl toss the carrots, EVOO, Chinese 5 spice, salt & pepper.
- Place a grill basket on grill and toss in the carrots and cook, without turning, until they are charred at the bottom about 4-5mins. Turn with a spatula & cook the other side for 3-4mins more adjusting the heat if necessary, until they are crunchy on the outside & tender on the inside.
- Transfer the charred carrots to a serving platter and sprinkle with the crumbled goats cheese and toasted pistachios.
- Squeeze ½ lime juice (about 1-2 tablespoons) finish w/ the mint and drizzle honey over the top. ⠀